Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Technique Tuesday by Anita Letts!!

Designing with this SUPERB kit has been such great fun! I love seeing all the different techniques. I chose to highlight creating different types of borders for my technique. You can create a border around a photo, along the side of a page, along the bottom of a page element and the list goes on. The possibilities are endless! A border can really spice up a simple page and I'll show you how...

Here are 4 different techniques to show you how to create fun borders.
1. Stamping a border on the edge of a page really spruces things up. What I did was use the lid to a chapstick tube and dabbed it on a black ink pad and stamped it on the edge of the page. It's that simple. You can use just about anything to get the look you want. For my page, I wanted to give it a scalloped look. 2. Put buttons along the edge of your photo. EVERYONE has buttons and it's time to bring them out! You can use colored buttons, clear buttons, painted buttons and so on. What I did is took my adhesive runner along the edge of my photo and placed the buttons how I wanted them. You can use a tape runner adhesive, glue dots, or even hand-stitch them to your page.
3. Using trim and ribbons is another choice. Gosh who doesn't have ribbon? Stephanie threw that fabulous orange Prima lace into the kit that I used along the bottom of the striped patterned paper on my page. It can be placed anywhere on the page that you want for instant color and texture.4. My final technique is scalloped edges. I LOVE THEM! The paper companies are now coming up with so many different types of paper with different edgings on them. I just go into overload! This layout uses the Bazzill Just the Edges strips that came as an add-on, but the possiblities are endless. They make so many different papers now with die-cut trims on them and any of them would work just as well on this page.

Now let’s see what you can do and when you let your imagination run wild!!

No comments: