Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Technique Tuesday - Emelyn Magpoc's Who's Got the button...

I love using buttons on my scrapbook pages. They are easy to find --you can buy them from SB companies, from sewing companies, and I've even used the "just in case you lose a button" freebie that is attached to shirts..LOL! And they are super easy to use. I have to admit, before I was not so friendly to the idea of using buttons. I am NOT a sewer, and I dreaded having to thread the holes of buttons. But after seeing Elsie Flannigan use buttons w/o threading them, I was convinced and now I'm addicted!! I simply use either a really good liquid adhesive like Ranger Glossy/Matte Accents or glue dots.

Here are just a few examples:

Use buttons to create a border.
Use buttons to create "bullets" for journaling strips.
Create shapes with buttons.
Use buttons as flower centers.
Or just randomly cluster buttons around other embellishments for an eclectic collaged look.
Have fun and get some buttons on your pages!! :)

No comments: