Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Summer Survival Designer - Kathleen Taylor!



Hi everyone! I am Kathleen Taylor. I live in West-By-God Virginia. I am originally from a little cow town in Maryland, but moved here 10 years ago. I am married to a goofball of a husband (love that about him!) and have 3 children. Jet and Kaileyne are my 6 year old twins and our new arrival Quinn is now 6 months old.

I have been scrapbooking for over 10 years. I was introduced to it when a friend of mine had a CM party. I was instantly hooked. I think I bought every scrapbooking embellishment that I could find at my local craft stores ( remember all those punches and plain die cuts? I had them all! LOL).

The stuff out there sure has changed a lot in the past 10 years and it is so hard to have it all. But I still try. :)


My children truly are my inspiration. I love taking photos of them. And they love having their pictures taken. So, I always have something fun to work on.


When people ask me what my personal scrap style is, I often don't quite know how to answer that question. When I sit down to do a layout, I have an "anything goes" kind of attitude. My style constantly evolves and I don't tend to use the same patterned paper, embellishments, or techniques more than once on a page. I feel more comfortable doing two page layouts than one pagers. I also like the fact that all my layouts look different. And it is not unusual for me to spend hours and hours on one layout. Actually, it happens more often than not.


Scrapbooking has really changed my life. Not only has it given me a lot of joy, but it has also lead to many opportunities . I have been published in several publications, teaching classes and I am also fortunate enough to be on two Manufacturer's Design Teams.



I started designing with Homegrown in 2006. I was so excited to be working with Stephanie and her kits. And I was even lucky enough to meet Stephanie early on while I was at CHA in Chicago. We have been friends ever since. I love that girl!




I was so excited when Stephanie started the Survival Kits. What an awesome concept! I am honored to be a part if it. And it has been so much fun. I am really looking forward to this Summer's Survival Kit. Everything in it is gorgeous! I cannot wait to see what we will all do with it!!



2 comments:

emelyn said...

LOVE your work, Kathleen!!

MichelleB said...

Love your inspiration Kathleen...I'm looking forward to 6 more weeks of it! :)