Monday, July 07, 2008

Book Review - Show it Off!




Show it off!
Designing Scrapbook Pages and projects for Display
From the Editors of Memory Makers books


OK ladies - this is RIGHT up my alley! I love love love to make altered items as well as scrapbook pages. (And I do not mean slapping paper on a bucket J) This book is the perfect book to get if you are thinking about making some Christmas presents. This book is chocked full of ideas for taking your scrap booking right off the page and creating Art for your home.

I am talking about altered frames, shadow boxes (allows bumpy pages to be displayed), banners, plaques, altered canvases and more.

The book has three chapters that include:
- Creating layouts for Display
- Showing Off on the Wall
- Showing Off Around the House

Additionally, this book takes the space to show off techniques. Step by step with pictures. I really feel these are techniques I will try as well. For instance:
- Molding Ribbon
- Making a Textured Frame
- Antiquing Chipboard ( which includes using crackle medium - an item available in the Summer Survival add-ons!)
- Decorating Paper-Mache with Tissue Paper
- and more!

I have so many ideas swirling around in my head and can not wait to use the Summer Survival kit with some of these fantastic off the page ideas!

Based on the fantastic ideas, the clear instructions, the fantastic pictures and the variety of projects in this book. I would rate this book 4 out of 5 STARS!

Stay tuned as I promise to share some of the creative projects I create from the inspiration in this book!

No comments: