Friday, November 17, 2006

Get it Together!! ~Organizational Tip




I LOVE ribbon! Seriously, love it. And yet, I never seem to use it up as quickly as I procure it, which leaves me with massive amounts of ribbon all over the place, with very little organization. I’ve read about a neat way of taming the ribbon explosion that I have in boxes and tins, and recently decided to start tackling this project.


You will need a handful of wooden clothespins for this organizational project, the kind that look like miniature dolls.

Start by inserting the end of one of your loose pieces of ribbon into the slot on the bottom of the wooden clothespin.

Then, begin winding the ribbon around the base of the clothespin until you reach the end of the ribbon.

Use a straight pin and pin the ribbon together so that the end of the ribbon does not come loose.


Finally, pop all of your cute little ribbon spools into a big glass jar, or even back into the box that you had them in before. They not only look cute, but it is also easier to find a particular ribbon, and it really doesn’t take up that much more space than the ribbon explosion that I had before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a CUTE idea, I have a GF who is ribbon made, she has sooo many. I will have to show her this idea!