Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Embellishing With Beads



Why not try something new and exciting on your LO’s?! Beads are so pretty and fun to work with! One thing I really like is that there are so many different colors and types of beads to work with, that you are sure to find the right ones for whatever type of LO you are working on. Also...don’t be afraid to mix different elements with your beads for really eye-popping results.
For this beach LO of my DD Angelena, I added a mix of seed beads, bugle beads, golden sea shell charms and real seashells. I also sprinkle some here and there beyond the border to give a more natural just-fell-on-the-page look. To adhere the beaded mix I used Leeko 3D Glitter Glue. It’s the perfect adhesive for beads because it is super thick and has a gel-like consistency. When it dries it is clear, yet you can see the sparkle between the beads.
Have fun creating with beads and I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

1 comment:

Lori Gentile said...

Wendy, what a beautiful layout! I love, love the beading. What an awesome embellie tip article!