Monday, August 04, 2008

Tricky Tip from April! - Ink Pad Repair in a JIFF!!

At one time or another we have all had a Cats Eye ink (by Colorbox) break. There is nothing worse than to be inking something and have the ink pad fall off the holder and go flying across the room or worse - fall onto the carpet. I have an easy 3 step solution.
1. Take the ink pad off of it's holder and wipe away any excess ink from the holder. It doesn't have to be perfect and you DO NOT have to scrape the old adheseve from the holder. I have an old rag that I keep with my inks to wipe up any spills or to clean my hands, but you can use anything.

2. Put a nice amount of Glossy Accents onto the pad holder. You don't want to put to much or it will just make a big mess. I usually put about double the amount that was there before.

3. Place the ink pad carefully into the holder. Gently tap down, but DO NOT squish. The ink pad will absorbe some of the Glossy Accents to make a firm hold. Set aside to dry for about 30-45 minutes.

I hope this helps everyone that has a floppy ink pad. When I first tried it, I was so excited because I had about 13 of these ink pads that were broken.
April :)

2 comments:

Ms said...

Thank you for that tip! I was just thinking this weekend how much I love those inks- but half of mine have fallen apart- I will be busting out the glossy accents tonight, for sure!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Brillant! Mine has fallen out as well and I'm usually left with inky fingers holding those sponges. Will definitely give it a go.