Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Member Spotlight!

This week we get to know more about JUDE



My name is Judy, but my friends all call me Jude. I have lived in Southern California most of my life. The only other place I have lived is Key West, Florida. I seem to scrap mostly events, but I am trying to take more everyday photos.

I was introduced to scrapping about ten years ago at a CM party. I soon outgrew their products and went looking for more goodies. I discovered Homegrown a couple of years ago and have been getting the Trilogy ever since. This is my first Survival kit and I am loving it.

Basic Grey and Fancy Pants are 2 of my favorites manufacturers, but I like to work with all of the lines. There are so many great lines out there and I want to play with them all.


I have recently rediscovered buttons and I have to use chalk ink on all of my edges.

I usually start with the photos and decide what type of feeling I want the page to have. Then, I look through my stash for some paper that matches that feeling. I rarely have an idea on how the page is going to come out and find it very hard to work with sketches.

I think my scrapbooking style is clean and linear. I like the photos and embellishments to tell the story and find it difficult to journal.

I find a lot of inspiration in fabric. I often see a print on an article of clothing
or a bolt of material that inspires me to incorporate those colors or shapes into a page.


Thank you Jude!!

Lisa

1 comment:

MichelleB said...

Nice to meet you Jude! Your LOs are beautiful!