Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Member spotlight this week is megd-Megan Dvorak
I am 28 years old and live in Junction City, KS, right outside Fort Riley. I've been married for almost five years to my wonderful husband John. I have two boys Matthew 4 and Maximilian 2 and I am a SAHM and an Army Wife. I love Stephen King novels, watching action and scary movies and Mixed Martial Arts. I also like to take trips to the casino with my husband to play Poker, jacks or better and craps.
1. When did you start scrapping? In 2003 right before I got married. I was flipping through the channels on the t.v. and saw a scrapbooking show on QVC. I thought "this looks fun", so I bought a kit and when it arrived I started working on some pictures of a trip to NYC and I was hooked.
2. How would you describe your style? Conservative and linear. I try not to crop too many of my photos and I like straight lines.
3. Do you have a favorite manufacturer? American crafts. I love papers with energy and I think that foam thickers are the most fun to use on a page.
4. Do you scrap 1 page or 2? Mostly one page layouts, I try to get 2-3 pictures on one page.
5. What is your creative process? First I take a look at how the pictures make me feel. If they feel fun and happy then I pick some papers that make me feel the same way. Then I pick out embellishments I want and start making the page. I tend to make quick decisions and just "glue and go", when I start to second guess what I'm doing then I end up frustrated and not enjoying the process as much.